Thursday, June 25, 2009

Recipe - Ricotta Peanut Butter Rice Cakes

Once again, I find myself on a diet...throughout the years, I cannot even tell you the many different methods I have tried to lose weight....but I never quit trying! Like my mother, I adore peanut butter, and though it is not the worst food in the world for you, the fats are plant-based, not animal-based, it still tends to pack a wollop to your tallies when you are dieting. So what to do when you are craving it, while dieting....

I came up with this quick breakfast many diets ago. When you combine peanut butter with a low fat ricotta, the ricotta seems to pick up that flavor. So a little bit of peanut butter goes along way. Here's what you need:

1/4 C part-skim Ricotta Cheese
1 Tbs reduced-fat Peanut Butter
2 Tbs Raisins
2 tsp Honey
2 Caramel Corn Rice Cakes

Okay, this is very simple, in a bowl, mix the ricotta cheese and peanut butter. Spread over the rice cakes, top with raisins & honey. See, simple!

These are great for when you're running out of the house in a hurry, beats going to a drive-thru and picking up a saturated fat laden breakfast sandwich and a lot better for you!

Nutritional Profile for One Serving:

Calories - 371, Fat - 10g, Sat. Fat - 3.71g, Trans Fat - 0g, Cholesterol - 30mg, Sodium - 233 mg, Carbohydrate - 59g,
Fiber - 1g, Sugar - 31g, Protein - 11.6 g

2 comments: