Saturday, March 28, 2009

If Ever Asked...


If ever asked what my favorite art print that I have in my shops, I would have to say it is this one, this Architectonic. I created this when I was in school for graphic design. Our assignment was to take our cameras into downtown Bay City, MI and take different architectural shots. when we got back the next day we began the creation process, and this is what I came up with.


You can see by some of the images below, just some of the images that went into the making of this piece. The largest one, the doorway to the old train depot was my starting point. I doubled up the palladian window at the top of the door and it became my template. The bottom row of images shows you the process of making patterns from one image, and this filled up only one part of the palladian window. A lot of time went into making this piece. It is available in both my Etsy shop and my ArtFire studio as an 11x14, but can be ordered in various sizes. 11x14 Architectonic Print / ACEO Architectonic


No comments:

Post a Comment